Thursday, June 7, 2012

Peace

I have been meaning to post for a while. I'm not sure why I haven't. I guess because I have so many swirling thoughts on what I want to post, that I have a hard time sitting down and sticking to one at a time so I'll post the one that has hit me the most.

Sweet Peace!

Ever since the neurologist gave us answers as to why Eli is passing out, getting severe headaches, dizzyness, arm pain, stroke like symptoms, etc. I cannot even explain the peace in my heart. The problem is not fixed. It didn't just go away. But knowing what it is has helped us to say "slow down" so that we can limit the pain. I get very brief moments where I get scared of what is going to come next, but they are just that. Brief. I'm able to give them back to God because I am grateful he revealed the answer to us. And that gives me sweet peace.

I don't feel the overwhelming urge to google for answers. I don't feel the anxiousness everyday waiting to see if he's going to have an episode. I honestly feel like I can enjoy being with my kids again.

Sweet Peace!

3 comments:

  1. LOVED reading this post this morning and LOVE even more, knowing that you are being covered in His peace. There isn't anything better. Enjoy every minute with your precious family. Thinking of you....love katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. A diagnosis doesn't 'fix' a problem but it gives answers as to why something is happening even if they're not fully explainable or don't make sense. I am so glad that you finally got a doctor that listened and went to the length they did. You are so much more calmer and appear a lot less stressed. I know it doesn't change the episodes but you can definately tell that God has given you His peace in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have peace. Been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete