Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Brice AND Eli?

Screech (insert scratchy record noise here)

Some who read this may know Eli's birthday is NOT today. At least the day he turns another year older doesn't happen on this date. His real birthday is in July. Then why the title of this post? If you're a heart mom you know the answer. Two years ago today Eli was in the hospital recovering after open heart surgery. Two years ago our world was turned upside down. They took Eli in to surgery and he very nearly did not make it out alive. I still cry. God's love and mercy amaze me. I am forever grateful God chose to leave Eli with us. It's hard to put into words.

So today we remember how very fortunate we are. Today we are thankful for not being at the hospital waiting to hear if Eli made it through the operation okay.

So Happy Birthday to both my husband and Eli.

IV's

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your DH and Eli! ((hugs)) mama you are amazing and so are your beautiful sweet children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Brice and Eli! Praise God!!
    Feels like ages since I have seen you! I am thinking of you and praying for you.
    LOve katrina

    ReplyDelete