Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten Things

I thought it would be good to post 10 things about me no one really knows. So here goes.

1) I am NOT a morning person. I really almost like NOTHING about mornings. I fully well expect this to change when my children all sleep until noon. Because it will be when I actually CAN sleep in that I WON't.

2) I don't like noise in the morning. Christian learned very early that I need things quite in the morning. I really wish his brother Dakota would catch on. Maybe someday when he doesn't need to talk just to hear himself talk.

3) Although I'm not a morning person and I don't like noise in the morning, that is when I get most of my chores done. I'm not sure why. I really prefer to get them done so my afternoons are free. Maybe it has something to do with nap time.

4) I didn't learn to cook until I got married. Maybe that's the way it is with most people. When I was growing up my mom worked nights so I was in charge of cooking dinner. She would always get out something like Hamburger Helper. That is probably why I don't like cooking from a box. But I didn't get to watch my mom in the kitchen. So I had to teach myself and my hubby was my tester. Apparently I've gotten better over the years.

5) I am VERY self-conscious about EVERYTHING. My hair, my house, my voice, EVERYTHING. It's why I won't sing a solo in front of people. I'm so self-conscious and get stage fright so bad I don't sound the same at ALL. At nearly 40 years old, you'd think I would get over it.

6) I really really really love being organized. If I'm not organized I feel like I can't function and can get a little grumpy.

7) We don't celebrate Halloween, Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. We don't dress up for Halloween or go trick or treating at all. We do celebrate Christmas and Easter, but we tell our kids we bring the presents. I just hope and pray my kids don't go telling other kids who do celebrate Santa and the Easter Bunny anything they shouldn't. I apologize in advance if they do.

8) I use to have an eating disorder. Wow!! I really decided to put it out there I guess. I use to eat only one can of soup a day. They say once you have an eating disorder you always will. However, God has blessed me with problematic blood sugar so if I don't eat I'll pass out. And I love food entirely too much now. So I think God cured me.

9) I secretly love tools (just not electric saws as they scare me). I don't know if it's a good thing my kids are so young or not. If they weren't I would probably be doing some projects around the house while hubby is at work. He might come home to find a remodeled house. I'm not sure if he would be happy since I didn't say I was any good with them.

10) I love my Sisters in Christ and wish I could get together with them more often that just Sundays and Wednesdays. They are a HUGE blessing to me and help encourage my strength in the Lord. However, my self-consciousness gets in the way a LOT.

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on number 4! Except...I'm not good yet. Sad trombone. Did you just teach yourself from cookbooks? Or lots of trial and error?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of trial and error. In the early days I use to get frustrated and upset when it didn't turn out. Now I can laugh and get something else out. It just doesn't happen as often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you're me:-) I think if we met, we would be good friends because everything on this post except perhaps #9 is me. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Bless you & yours. New follower here, hope to see you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog!
    I'm following you now ( from Blogfrog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, I really enjoyed learning more about you! I don't always comment, but I do read your blog often. ;)

    ReplyDelete