Saturday, November 6, 2010

How Do You Do It?

I don't understand how some moms get everything done. Their homes are beautiful, their children well behaved and potty trained perfectly. Personal time for exercise, showering, bible reading, blogging and anything else they want or need to do. Oh and time to spend with their husbands. I don't get it. It's 12:30 and I have neither eaten nor showered or even read my bible. I need to do laundry and some cleaning and organizing. But everytime I clean something one of my children will come mess it up. Usually this is because one little boy is having problems with people being in the same room as him so he just moves the mess to a different room while I clean. Yes I have him clean the mess but he then just repeats the process. If I even act like I'm going to get my bible to read my children will interupt me a million times. I can patiently explain to Dakota a million times but really he talks just to hear himself talk. Just ask him. And yes he is being serious when he says yes. It's a sensory thing and he doesn't get pretending or facial cues. I really want to sit down and understand how to make this blog better, have more people read it, and make some changes that require learning technology. (Is there a technology for dummies book? If so I need it. Of course that would require time and concentration to read it and I have neither.) I also need to learn how to coupon, but I can't get the coupons to print and I missed the class they had at our church because of sick kids. If my children are home I WON'T focus on whatever it is I need to learn. I'm frustrated can you tell.

3 comments:

  1. Angela,
    I love you. Please know everyone is at different 'seasons' of life. There are many times most moms ask these questions as most of us feel we need/want to do more.
    The most important thing you're doing is taking care of your family...that is pleasing to God.
    I always feel like I need more time...but its in THOSE moments when GOD reveals to me how much I am mismanaging MY time...which should be HIS time {speaking ONLY for myself}.

    You're not alone. I feel like this too. Moms & friends just have to stick together :)
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela...so nice to meet you! :) Want to know how I get time to read my Bible? Shhh....I bring it in the bathroom with me and lock the door. ha, ha! I'm totally serious! Looking forward to reading your blog. I too have 4 children. In your post you mention your son has sensory issues. My son has Sensory Integration Disorder. (Actually, I think they've changed the name of that now to Sensory Processing Dysfunction).

    You are a breath of fresh air! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Jen. As always I love you.

    Christine - My son Dakota is autistic. Mildly so most people wouldn't realize it unless I told them. He HAS to have structure. I'm NOT structured so he goes a little haywire at home sometimes. He has a LOT of sensory issues. Most of them food, but noise, people, you name it I'm sure he's bothered by it in some way. Thank you for the compliments. I'm having one of "those" days.

    ReplyDelete