Friday, January 1, 2010

A is for Angela

So as I start this blog I think it's important that people get to know all of us individually (at least through my eyes) just a little. So since my name is the first letter of the alphabet I'll have to go first.

I was raised with four brothers and no sisters. My parents wanted a girl for a long time. Of course they were always grateful for the children God gave them, but they were hoping and praying that He would bless them with the daughter their hearts desired. So in 1972 He blessed them with me. It seems to be a hereditary thing for my mother's side of the family to have mostly one gender of children. When they do have children of the opposite gender, there tends to be only one. So I should have known the course my life would take. I can only think that if I'd been paying attention to Him that I would have taken things much better throughout my life and not made some of the mistakes I've made. Mistakes that I'm too ashamed to put in writing. But throughout all the mistakes I've made my parents were faithful too me, loving me unconditionally through it. I am so grateful for that and I believe it's made me not only a better person, but a better parent. That is how God is with us. He loves us in spite of of all our mistakes. What a testiment to Gods love my parents portrayed. I have so many traits from each parent both good and ones I'd like not to have (thanks for the knees dad). I'm grateful for these traits though as my parents get older and some day (hopefully not any time soon) go to be with the Lord. They are something I will always hold in my heart and will help me remember my parents. Some traits I can't really tell who I got them from and other's I really wish I had inherited. One of these traits is my mother's gift for creating all things crafty. My mom tends to be the kind of person who make something that looks like it needs to go into the garbage and make it look like it is worth millions of dollars. It amazes me. I want to learn how to do some crafty things like make bows, make necklaces, and scrapbook. However, I guess I'll have to stick with the things I can already do well like clean, organize, and my strong determination to get a job done until I figure the others out.

No comments:

Post a Comment